Friday, March 11, 2011

What Do You Do All Day?

"...and then you'll go to the grocery store."
This morning, the eldest son drops by for breakfast.  He figures why go to the market and buy food when he can sponge off the 'rents.  We discuss the horribleness in Japan, and whether the tsunami will sweep through Sherman Oaks and carry the SJG away. We touch on his theory that Global Warming is to blame for every-thing.  "In 300 - 500 years, humans won't be alive," he says.  "I hope I finish my novel before then," I tell him.  Worried that I'm going to spend the entire morning weeping in front of the TV at terrible images of destruction, he asks what else I'm doing today.  Before I can answer, he says,"Wait don't tell me," and rolls out the entire day he envisions for me.  "You're probably going to write for awhile, go exercise, go to the grocery store, make dinski, watch TV and go to sleep."  "Wrong!  I'm going to see 'Rango' with Kelly."  His eyes start popping in dismay.  "Why?"  "Because Kelly and I want to see it."  "Why?"  "Because we're writing an animated script."  "How many years have you guys been working on that?"  "Great writing takes time."  "Maybe post-90." 

2 comments: