Sunday, March 27, 2011

My New Advisor

In an on-going effort to stay fit, the SJG pushes the limits of what this aging body can do, and what it can do depends on forces beyond my control.  There are days when I should seriously join the Marines, I'm so freakin' strong, so ready to kick ass it's just wrong. There are other days when I should hire a stand-in.  In the role of the SJG, I give you, Olympic figure skater Kristy Yamaguchi.
This morning, I'm feeling the after-effects of this week's fitness insanity.  Tuesday night, I went all Fosse, Fosse, Fosse.  Friday morning, I Zumba'd my back side, front side and side-side.  On the way home, I steered with my elbows, the only part of me that didn't hurt.  Saturday morning, I could barely move.  Did that stop me from taking Boot Camp?  Let me think about that.  No.  I jumped and lunged, lifted and panted and went for the burn.  I nearly plotzed.  On the way home, I steered with my nose.  This morning, I'm surrounded by heating pads and ice packs and Thor, my newly-hired personal advisor/life coach. Will I let physical pain stop me from dancing this afternoon?  Let me check with Thor.  One grunt means yes, two grunts no.  Thor grunted twice, which means, I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment