Saturday, May 19, 2012

Back In The S.O.

See ya, NYC
It only took an hour and a half to get to JFK, not bad, considering last year's death-defying chase scene through Queens.  As we crawled toward the airport, serenaded by honking horns, I was sad to see that Wiggles, the gentleman's club, had gone out of business.  Last year, they had a "dancers wanted" sign that grabbed my attention.  "So much for that career opportunity," I said to hubby.  By the time we arrived back in Burbank, late Friday night, we decided we'd had enough of NYC for awhile. We like our cocoon in the S.O., free of scaffolding, pedicabs and horse droppings.  Sure, I'll miss the museums and the Broadway shows and the nonstop buzz of activity.  But not really.  I'm just a homebody at heart.  I've got my dog napping by my side.  What more do I need?

No comments:

Post a Comment