Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sinatra On The Side

Recently, Cheryl and I dined al fresco while the young lovers frolicked in the backyard.  (Important disclaimer:  We still think of them as puppies, but in dog years, they're senior citizens.  How did that happen?)  "Look," I said, "Dusty and Scout are doing that thing little kids do.... parallel play."  Cheryl, who taught preschool and knows enough about parallel play to last two lifetimes, was more focused on the food.  "This salad is delicious."  "I made sure there's no Sinatra in it," I said.  Cheryl started to laugh.  "No Sinatra?"  "Oh, @#$%.  I meant cilantro.  I know you don't like cilantro."  "But I love Sinatra."  "Me, too."  Sinatra.  Cilantro.  The SJG may be the first human in history to confuse the two.
And this is Cilantro!

4 comments:

  1. But if the likes of Pixar ever does the character, what better name than Frank Cilantro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. next year may I have a lightly tossed Matt Damon and a Clooney a la mode to go.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, I will pre-order these dishes now, in case they run out.

    ReplyDelete