Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quiet On The Set

Johnny the Mime
My brother John likes to send me hourly updates on what he's doing, especially when he's working, or trying to get work as an extra. So pretty much, I'm getting updates all the time.  This morning he sent me the above photo, in case I wanted to hire him as a mime, or know anyone hiring mimes. That's a no on both fronts.  Go on, say it:  What kind of sister are you, SJG?  Correct answer:  A quarter Ethel Merman, a quarter Mother Teresa, a quarter Joan Rivers, a quarter Freud.  When I'm not dispensing brilliant advice, unconditional love and blessings, I'm singing show tunes and cracking off-color jokes.  Anyway, during our daily morning call -- you heard me, daily -- I asked John to regale me with some of his recent adventures in mimeland.  He was more than happy to share a few tidbits he'd probably already shared with me, but I can't keep track of everything, can I, I'm not a memory bank:  "Recently I had a mime commercial callback that went great until the director asked me to walk against wind. It has been over 30 years since I had learned it and I couldn't do it. I tried a pathetic attempt at doing the moonwalk instead, but it didn't cut it. Johnny the Mime needs to work on his wind walking. That said...they loved me leaning on an invisible pedestal. I've got that down. And my 'stuck in a box' is pretty good. Just don't ask met to pass wind."  Trust me, I won't.

2 comments: