Friday, May 18, 2012

Good Feeling

Flo Rida sings "Good Feeling" at CW Upfront
Ian Somerhalder of "Vampire Diaries" woos me from afar
Just another day in NYC, meeting and hugging thin, gorgeous TV celebs who lucked out in the DNA derby.  Thanks to a guy I know who works at the CW, I got to sit in the audience and watch the big splashy presentation.  "Behave yourself," hubby told me, and I did my best.  But when Flo Rida got up on stage and sang "Good Feeling," it was hard to control myself.  Flo commanded, "Put your hands up, CW," and I did just that, bopping around in my seat.  I needed to warm up, in case one of the dancers fell off the stage -- whoopsie! -- and Flo asked me to fill in at the last second.  (That didn't happen.)  In the evening,  the SJG went to a big splashy party, and, thanks to a guy I know, got to meet TV stars.  "This is my wife," hubby told the genetically gifted:  Mamie Gummer ("Emily Owens, M.D.), who happens to be Meryl Streep's daughter; Stephen Amell ("Arrow"); Rachel Bilson ("Hart of Dixie"). There were friendly chats and handshakes.  And then, there was hugging.  "She's one of your biggest fans," hubby told Ian Somerhalder ("Vampire Diaries.")  Ian offered a cozy embrace and I accepted.  "I loved you on 'Lost,'" I said.  "Oh, that's so nice to hear," he said, ready to leave his co-star girlfriend, Nina Dobrev, and run away with me. Or maybe I read too much into the hug. It's possible. "I'm so glad you're alive," I gushed.  (Sly reference to Boone, the character he played on "Lost," who met with a nasty demise.)  "It's good to be alive," Ian said. Yes, we shared a moment, one that left me feeling warm and fuzzy about my stay in the city that never sleeps.  Or maybe it's just me who never sleeps in this city.  Next visit, I'm asking NYC to turn down the volume on all the noise.

3 comments: