Monday, May 21, 2018

A Jew Grew In Brooklyn


The secret to reaching 90, according to longtime hubby's longtime daddy: "Drink your booze, and have a wife who's very understanding of your needs, especially when it comes to cooking." 

 

When I told my mother-in-law his "secret," she said, "Wonderful." Just between us, I may have seen her eyes roll. Then again, my vision isn't the most reliable, what with the drippy nose, the watery eyes, the over-pollination of my personage, courtesy of NYC. It's true, my overall aura of congestion, along with the wad of tissues in my left hand, didn't exactly make me popular at the party. "You're probably infecting everybody right now," whispered a retired doctor. "Really, doc? Guilting me at my father-in-law's 90th?" "Is there a better time?" he said.
                                                

Here's hoping no one caught my cold. And happy birthday to this menschy Brooklyn Jew. May he continue to drink his booze, and drive my mother-in-law crazy, for many more years, kina hora, poo poo poo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment