Friday, May 18, 2018

A Tale of Two Jareds


1. Jared Leto of 30 Seconds To Mars performs at the CW Upfronts. The SJG's two-word review: Freaking awesome.


2. Jared Padalecki of "Supernatural" hugs the SJG at the big, splashy CW party, and why wouldn't he, I'm very important. I'm happy to report that this hugs lasts a long time, thanks to longtime hubby taking a series of shots, one more disastrous than the other. The first attempt is a blurry self-portrait of his confusion, to which I respond rather unkindly. "Hurry! You're eff'n up my moment with Jared!" Jared continues to hug me, which is very nice. And then, finally, we get this ridiculous shot, the only one salvageable, keeping alive my lifelong tradition of closing my eyes the instant the flash goes off. "Let go, Jared," I say, gently. "Our time here is done." "I'm not ready." "Jared, honey, let go!" "Fine," he says, storming off. And so ends my stay in NYC. What will tomorrow bring? Jet lag. A wedding I'm not invited to, but I'll watch anyway. A reunion with the Royal Rescue Pup of Questionable Lineage. A heavenly reprieve from the nonstop jackhammering. And, God willing, no rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment