Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Your Concern Is Noted

Dear SJG,
How's your NYC-related sinus situation? I've been up all night worrying myself sick. That's the kind of power you have over me. My thinking goes like this: If the SJG feels like kaka, then I feel like kaka, too. So, please get back to me shortly, because, let's face it, shortly is the only way you roll. (See what I did there?)
Thanks,
SJG-Obsessed
Dear SJG-Obsessed,
I saw what you did there and I dig it. I'm so deeply touched by your thoughtfulness, your caring, your concern over my general health, that I could weep, profusely, but I won't, 'cuz then I'd get all congested and I'm trying to appear semi-human for a meeting at the deli later. So I'll refrain from over-emoting, and you know that's hard for me. Back to your question regarding my health, a question my own children are too busy to pose. When the sons saw me on Sunday, they cruelly kept their distance, yelling this from across the room: "Stay away, Ma, you'll get us sick." To which I yelled back, "Would you like an approximation of how many times you've gotten me sick? Hey, don't walk away while I'm guilting you." Meanwhile, my sinus situation is a bissel improved, in the sense that my RKF (Resting Kvetch Face) no longer resembles a swollen hothouse tomato. So there's that.
You're Welcome,
The SJG
Resting Tomato Face 

No comments:

Post a Comment