Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Don't Egg Me On

SJG: I'd like a plain omelette, no hash browns, fruit instead --
Waiter: We don't serve omelettes.
SJG: But it's 11 a.m.
Waiter: We only serve brunch on the weekend.
SJG: What am I supposed to eat at 11 a.m.?
Waiter: You can eat what's on the menu.
SJG: Oh, man.
Waiter: Are you ready to order?
SJG: No.
Waiter: Well, I'll come back when you make up your mind.
SJG: Wait a minute, I have made up my mind.  I'd like a sunny egg.
Waiter: I'll get the manager.
SJG: Look. (pointing to menu) If you order a burger, for two bucks, you can add a sunny egg.
Waiter: That must be new.
SJG: So, you can make a sunny egg but not a nice omelette?
Waiter: I don't make the rules.
SJG: Okay, I'll make it as easy for you as I can. I'd like a veggie burger, no bun.
Waiter: Hold the bun.
SJG: No French Fries.
Waiter: Hold the fries.
SJG: No veggie burger.
Waiter: Hold the veggie burger.
SJG: Just give me a sunny egg.
Waiter: One egg. Sunny.
SJG: Do you see what I did there?
Waiter: I'll be back with your order.
An egg... make that ode... to "Five Easy Pieces" 

No comments:

Post a Comment