Saturday, May 19, 2018

Scenes From A Royal Wedding

L'chaim! When do we dance the hora? 

Well, I certainly had the best intentions of waking up early to watch the royal wedding I wasn't invited to, but claim responsibility for, anyway, just because I can. Alas, the SJG's circadian rhythm is preposterously out of synch. Am I on NYC time? Am I on Sherman Oaks time? I'm somewhere in between, navigating a strange blend of zones that will align at some point, God willing, once the East Coast Pollen permeating my keppy evacuates, making room for the West Coast Pollen that defines my daily existence. 

The Royal Smooch

Good thing there's plenty of coverage of this made-for-Hallmark moment. 

Another shameless plug of "When Sparks Fly." 

And this time, her wedding dress isn't made out of toilet paper. 

3 comments:

  1. Does your blog imply that you didn't actually pull an all-nighter to watch the blessed pageantry? I AM SHOCKED and DISAPPOINTED because I fully expected you'd be one of the only other people I know among the billion spectators to watch the 4 am event live. It was truly lovely, I think, at least the parts I actually saw of it between brief nod offs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The implication is true. I came home with a terrible cold and there's no way I could stay awake. But I watched the whole thing later. So that should count for something xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are pardoned due to infirmity and jet lag. My first Royals experience was watching my big sister watch the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II in 1953. Our parents got her a model of the Coronation coach and we played with it on the floor in front of the television. I've been fascinated with pomp, circumstance, and fascinators ever since. Kinda creepy but there you have it. A billion viewers can't be wrong.

    ReplyDelete