Tuesday, May 29, 2018

When One Store Closes...

As my Not-So-Great-Great Aunt Kissy of Kiev used to say, "When one store in the shtetl closes, another store in the shtetl opens." This was yesterday's profound lesson. When Coffee Bean in Studio City lost power, a cruel twist on a holiday, leaving much confusion in its wake, my friend and I had to be spontaneous, and who has the energy for that these days? Nonetheless, we had to gather our strength and alter our plans. So, even though we're biased toward Coffee Bean, the only place we ever meet, we had to rejigger our preferences and go all the way down the street to Starbucks. Had this happened today, Starbucks, some 8,000 of them, would've been closed for anti-bias training. What would No-So-Great-Great Aunt Kissy have said then? Wait, I think I know. "Timing is everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment