Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Rain In Spain (And NYC)

I'll let you guess which show I saw last night at Lincoln Center, but I will tell you this: It was 100 percent "loverly."

"Ascot Gavotte." Pay close attention to the hats. Why? I'll tell you why:

Don't I look splendid? 

What can you do? Some of us are just privileged. Thanks to Connie Ray's friend Blair Ross, playing multiple roles in "My Fair Lady," we got to go backstage and see the gorgeousnesss of the costumes, and say "How do you do?" to Diana Rigg. I even stood on the stage. Who says I've never appeared on Broadway?

In keeping with the British theme of the week, earlier in the day, I took myself to see "The Play That Goes Wrong," a smashingly hilarious, murder mystery, Monty Python meets Sherlock Holmes romp, during which I never stopped laughing. Not once. Give me slapstick, give me people falling and slipping, give me utter silliness, give me a set that falls apart until it's destroyed, and I'm one happy lil Jew. But then, it doesn't take much to make me giddy. So, what will today bring? The CW Upfronts, the splashy evening soiree, and of course, more rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment