Monday, March 25, 2013

Passover Puns and Sinatra

At the early Passover seder, scheduled for family convenience, as opposed to Biblical significance, we got through the Haggadah in under 10 minutes, with only 18 interruptions.  There were puns delivered by an unnamed brother (John), including "charoses of the liver" and,  "It Succos a long time." Post-Haggadah, there was a lot of spilled Manischewitz on the nice tablecloth, a lot of March Madness discussion, and some delightful stories courtesy of my dad.  The best:  a Hollywood party in the 50s, at the home of a famous movie director, or maybe it was the son of a famous movie director.  Frank Sinatra is there.  My mom walks up to him and says, "You owe me a quarter."  He says, "I do?  What for?" She says, "When I was a teenager, I paid a quarter to get your photograph.  You never sent it."  Frank declines to pay her back.  With interest, it would cost too much.

3 comments: